Col. Clay Masonic Lodge #159 F&AM
As we have passed the halfway point on this year, it’s proper to look at where we have been and what we have done, as well as look forward to the rest of the year.
1) We have achieved most of the tasks required for the Excellence Award and should be able to
complete the rest with a little effort.
2) Although we did not perform any degree work yet, we have a petition for a potential candidate.
3) We participated in the Great Day of Service and even received recognition as the lodge traveling the greatest distance to assist.
4) We have honored our veterans with our Memorial Day activities at Linden Grove and will do
so again on Veterans Day.
5) We have put forth opportunities for family events by proposing euchre tournaments and
outings to a Florence Y’Alls baseball game, but had no significant interest shown.
6) We have restarted our Fellowship Dinners and they have been thoroughly enjoyed, though not as well attended as before Covid.
7) We are also enjoying some dinner before meetings and have enjoyed the fellowship and
some excellent food. Many thanks to the brothers that have volunteered to bring us dinner.
8) We have begun preparations for a 175th Anniversary Dinner at our Past Masters Day on November 19th. This should be on EVERYONE’S calendar as we plan to honor our Widows, Past
Masters, Service Award recipients, 50-Year members, as well as celebrate 175 years of service
to Masonry by Colonel Clay Lodge.
We have much yet to do, so plan to join us and participate in the Fraternity’s labors and rewards!
By the Square,
R.C. Cooper, P.M.